About Samsung Tizen TV
About Samsung Tizen TV Apps powered by Vimeo OTT
Vimeo OTT supports branded apps on Samsung Tizen TV devices! If you’re interested, reach out to your account manager.
With your Tizen TV app, users will be able to seamlessly access all content available in your subscription channel on Model Groups 2018 and higher. For more on Model Groups, check this page out. It's important to note that Samsung Tizen TV apps powered by Vimeo OTT are currently only available in the United States.
How does this work?
- Like our branded apps across other platforms, Vimeo will work with you to build a branded app solution that features your content, assets, and metadata.
What is required to set it up?
- Once you’ve built a channel on Vimeo OTT, all we’ll need is your Samsung Account credentials and app information.
How will my users find the app?
- Users can search for the app in the Samsung Apps store.
Is the app free to users?
- The app is free to download by users in the Samsung store. However, it does not support in-app payments at this time. Users who already have an active subscription to your OTT site will be granted access across all apps, including Tizen TV. For new users, they will be guided to your OTT site to initiate the subscription purchase.
How will my users sign into the app?
- When users open the app, they will be prompted to Activate the app by signing in a different device and entering the code provided into the app. Then the app should load and they’ll be all set to watch!
What’s coming next?
- The app only supports subscription channels at this time, and is sign-in only. It's also limited to users in the United States. Additional access and payment options - coming soon!