Sign up for Ad Manager accounts
Google Ad Manager
Vimeo OTT supports pre-roll with Google Ad Manager (formerly Google DoubleClick for Publishers) but Google Ad Manager currently requires a Google AdSense account as part of the Ad Manager signup.
- First, create a Google Ad Manager account. Here are instructions from Google with more information on signing up for an Ad Manager account.
- Visit admanager.google.com to sign up for an account.
- Click Create account, then choose “For myself” or “To manage my business”
- Follow the prompts to complete the sign up.
- Then, you’ll be required to set up and apply for a Google AdSense account. Note that it is now mandatory to have a valid Google AdSense account to sign up for Google Ad Manager. The Ad Manager account will be permanently linked to your Google AdSense account, however, it isn't required to actively use the AdSense account and AdSense ads will not be supported in Vimeo OTT applications. This is simply a requirement from Google to get started.
- You should be prompted to sign up for an AdSense account upon creation of your Google Ad Manager account. If not, here's where to sign up for an AdSense account.
- After you sign up for an AdSense account, you’ll need to connect your site in order to get the account approved and activated.
- Set up a custom domain for your OTT channel. You’ll be prompted to note the domain upon applying. Note that they do not accept subdomains, even your [yourchannel].vhx.tv subdomain
- Copy the script provided by AdSense and email it to your Technical Program Manager. We’ll need to add it to your site.
- Don’t click submit until your Technical Program Manager has confirmed this has been completed! This is because the code will not be found as Google bots search the web for.
- Once they’ve confirmed, click Submit and you’ll see a note that the code has been found and the account activation.
- Note that it can take up to two weeks for the account to be reviewed. You’ll receive an email to the email account that you signed up with.