Onboarding Day 4: Going Live!
In today’s article, we’ll be doing an extra deep dive on going live on the Vimeo Enterprise platform.
Through Vimeo Enterprise, you can easily and powerfully live stream to increase engagement. In addition to all the tools on Vimeo.com, you also have access to our live encoding and production software called Livestream Studio.
Creating An Event
- Setting Up your Live Event - This will walk you through setting up an individual live event outside of a showcase on the Vimeo platform.
- If you plan on streaming directly to a showcase, note that you must create the showcase and then create the live event within the showcase.
- Simulcasting to Social Destinations - The articles in this section will go through how to connect your social destinations to cast your stream to other platforms.
- How to go Live - There are several options for streaming to the platform, including using a camera, webcam, or an RTMP source.
- You also have the option to stream a Zoom meeting directly to Vimeo if you have remote guests to include.
- There are also some Streaming Best Practices that we recommend following when going live.
- Another thing to check when streaming is your Network Configurations to make sure you have the bandwidth to stream and won’t run into any firewall restrictions on your network.
Live Interaction Tools
These tools allow you to interact with your viewers while you are live, whether through chat, a moderated Q&A, or by having your viewers answer polling questions. We also offer on-screen graphics directly through the platform.
We'll see you again in our next article for more details on using Livestream Studio as your live encoder. If you’d like to skip ahead, you can access our full onboarding curriculum into a self-guided course here.
The Vimeo Solutions Team