In-Application Fees Associated with Branded Applications
If you intend to have paid subscriptions within your Vimeo OTT product, your branded applications will be subject to additional in-application net-revenue fees. These fees and processes are managed outside of Vimeo OTT and differ between each application platform.
Apple offers the App Store Small Business Program which reduces their 30% fee to 15% to eligible businesses. To apply:
- There is a recurring $99/year fee from Apple to open and maintain a developer account in their app store.
- During a subscriber’s first year of service, Apple charges 30% of the revenue from monthly and annual subscriptions. Through the second year and beyond, this percentage drops to 15%. Further information on Apple’s auto-renewable subscriptions can be found here.
- Apple's payout process can be found here.
- There is no cost to create and maintain a Roku developer account.
- During a subscriber’s tenure, Roku charges 20% of the revenue from monthly and annual subscriptions. Unlike other application platforms, the 20% value does not change. See here for more information on Roku’s transaction fees and payout reporting.
- There is a one-time $25 fee to open a Google Play developer account.
- During a subscriber’s first year of service, Google charges 30% of the revenue from monthly and annual subscriptions. Through the second year and beyond, this percentage drops to 15%. Further information on Google’s transaction fees can be found here.
- Google's payout process can be found here.
- There is no cost to create and maintain an Amazon developer account.
- Amazon takes a 20% cut of the subscription revenue for in-app products in the Movies and TV category, under which Vimeo OTT apps fall. You can read more details about Amazon's revenue share policy under the Royalty section of their Developer Services Agreement. The Developer Services Agreement also contains Amazon's payout process.
Currently, Vimeo OTT apps on Xbox One and Samsung Tizen don't support in-app purchasing. A user will only be able to access these apps if they've subscribed / registered for your site on another platform.
- A company account (which Vimeo requires) costs approximately $99 USD (the exact amounts may vary depending on your country or region). This is a one-time registration fee and no renewal is required.